Saturday, November 7, 2009

Hilarious Video: “Hitler reacts to Favre's move to the Vikings”

My son Andrew is a steadfast Minnesota Vikings fan, and sent me this hilarious You Tube Video where some cheesy Hitler bunker movie is given subtitles about the Fuehrer's distress over Brett Favre becoming the quarterback of the Vikings.

For my non-American friends I offer this hermeneutical key:
Football is American NFL football, not the kind with the round ball that we call soccer.

Brett Favre is the iconic 40 year-old quarterback (the guy that runs the offense and throws the ball) who played for many season with the Green Bay Packers, but now plays for their arch-rivals the Vikings. Think Manchester United and Arsenal.

Tavaris Jackson is the previous starting quarterback, who was displaced by Favre.

I watched this last night and laughed so hard tears ran down my face and my glasses fogged up, but hey that's just me. Hitler's rant contains profanity, so if that offends you, or if you think Hitler shouldn't be a subject of humor, you may want to skip it.

No comments:

Post a Comment