Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Some Fun for the Pastor's Family after Easter

Friend and theological humorist Chris Anderson put me on to this hilarious spoof of Willie Nelson’s Mamas Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys.

It’s called Mamas Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Pastors. It was produced by a church in Orlando, FL.

I showed it to my daughter, who will be starting seminary in the fall, and she particularly was amused by the the little girl baptizing her dolly in the bathtub. If you are a pastor, pastor's spouse or a PK, you may find some of this a little close to home. But still really funny.

2 comments:

  1. When I was at Yale, older son Joshua often played pastor. He presided at weddings on the playground when he was seven, and I walked in on a communion service in the living room one day. As your daughter begins at Yale, Joshua begins at Chicago Theological Seminary. God have mercy.

    Verlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Verlee,

    I didn't know that. Great news. The world needs good pastors. I guess we didn't heed the song's advice.

    -R

    ReplyDelete